The latest Government restrictions enforce everyone to stay at home except for essential travel. Whilst this permits you to attend essential medical appointments and medical practices to remain open, we would urge you to weigh up the potential benefits of receiving treatment, versus contracting COVID 19 and the impact that this may have on you, your family and the wider public.
In our efforts to limit unnecessary face to face contact and to protect patients, we have taken the decision to only offer a limited case by case service for those most in need and suspended service for the next few weeks. If you have an urgent musculoskeletal need, then we may be able to offer online, telephone or skype advice.
Just to be clear, The Government advises that the following AT RISK GROUPS should not be leaving the house; 70+, anyone who gets a flu jab, asthmatics, COPD, bronchitis or cystic fibrosis sufferers, if you suffer from heart failure, chronic kidney, liver or neurological diseases, such as Parkinson’s, motor neurone disease, MS, cerebral palsy, diabetes, a weakened immune system, under chemotherapy or long-term steroids, pregnant, BMI of over 40.
May we wish you and your families well during these troubling times. We will aim to update when normal services resume.
Helene prides herself on taking the time to ensure patients fully understand their condition, and have the opportunity to ask questions and be fully involved in their treatment.
Paediatric Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy is a specialist area of Physiotherapy which involves the diagnosis and treatment of problems in children and adolescents aged 0-18 years of age.
- Sports injuries.
- Arthritic and orthopaedic conditions.
- Practical solutions offered to manage acute and persistent problems.
- Advice on rehabilitation and return to activity
The treatment process
- Assessment: find the source of the pain.
- Diagnosis: determine the cause of the muscular, joint or nerve problem.
- Treatment: includes soft tissue techniques, joint mobilisations, muscle energy techniques and exercise rehabilitation.
- Prevention: bespoke rehabilitation programmes and fitness regimes.