For over 17 years Helene has provided physiotherapy for children and adults aimed at treating injured or painful muscles, nerves and joints.
Treatment is based at Ashville College Medical Centre, Harrogate. The associated leisure centre with swimming pool, multigym and indoor training facilities can be used to enable speedy rehabilitation.
Helene Whitaker BSC MCSP SRP
- Sports injuries.
- Arthritic and orthopaedic conditions.
- Practical solutions offered to manage acute and persistent problems.
- Advice on rehabilitation and return to activity
Helene prides herself on taking the time to ensure patients fully understand their condition. She feels it is important to have the opportunity to ask questions and be completely involved in treatments and options, whatever the patient’s age.
The treatment process usually follows four steps:
- Assessment: find the source of the pain.
- Diagnosis: determine the cause of the muscular, joint or nerve problem.
- Treatment: includes soft tissue techniques, joint mobilisations, muscle energy techniques and exercise rehabilitation to enable return to full function with constructive advice.
- Prevention: bespoke rehabilitation programmes and fitness regimes are constructed to enhance treatment outcomes and facilitate a return to full activity, be that work or play.